Oil reservoirs represent a harsh environment for sensitive electronic components. Equipment deployed downhole must be trusted to perform 100 % reliably while withstanding heat, pressure, moisture, vibration, and corrosion. Breakdowns can cause unacceptable delays and lost output costing hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The WELL.DONE system is the most reliable DTS on the market used for temperature sensing and logging applications in complex and simple wells. The fibre optic downhole sensor cable allows measurements at high temperatures and in combination with the WELL.DONE single mode fibre the system is even insensitive to hydrogen based darkening effects. Especially the robust and maintenance free design in combination with it’s ability to provide open standard protocols makes the WELL.DONE solution flexible, efficient and cost saving.
State-of-the-art Temperature Measurement System
The LIOS’ DTS technology has been successfully proven in critical applications like fire detection in road and rail tunnels, power cable and aerial transmission line monitoring and other industrial applications. More than 2500 systems have been installed in world-wide projects. Most of these applications are safety relevant and require high reliability and uptime of the sensor system.
The WELL.DONE DTS product series was carefully designed and thoroughly tested targeting reliable performance and smooth operation in industrial environments. Excellent Mean-time-between-failures (MTBF) of 28 years was reached based on the latest statistical field analysis of the DTS product.
WELL.DONE temperature readings allows to:
- Enhance oil and gas recovery
- Increase production yields
- RT Monitoring success of fraccing operations
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS) tracking
- Track well production changes over time
- Reduce frequency of well interventions
- Improve reservoir management strategies
- Supply in-flow distribution along the reservoir
- Detect early water, steam (SAGD), or gas breakthrough and its location
- Observe steam flooding performance
- Verify and allocate cross flow
- Check integrity of casing and completion
- Monitor and optimize gas lift valve operation
- Detect stuck or leaky valves, perforation inflow, porous insulation, wax deposits, hydrate precipitation, etc.